Translate

Friday, August 30, 2013

Amy Zents Shy Singer Series: We Begin.

                                                Let's Get Ready for Our Journey


Is it hard to be a singer?
Is it hard to make a living as a singer?
There are things singers are not taught in University such as marketing yourself as a singer.
In this blog we will learn about taking action, and using your valuable talent to make you into
a viable singer, someone others want to hire to perform for them.
There is something most people agree on. A good singer is easy to spot. It is not hard to tell if someone is a bad singer.
Most of all, singers don't seem to have a lot of options when it comes to being hired.
Ultimately, the first thing you (and I) have to do, as singers, is to research, and get started on finding gigs.
You, (and I) as singers have to get motivated to ask for the gig!
You can't be too picky if you want to sing.
I trained as an Opera singer. I auditioned to sing in Opera, but I was told my voice was "too light."
All that expense and I am told I should be a "pop singer."
What a joke.
There are scams in singing Academia.
Find out what your strengths are and work with them.
Get real.
Nevertheless, you will discover, essentially, if you want to be a marketable singer, you need to be versatile or you will be limited.
The limits on successful singers spill out in many directions.
Location, physical health, family relationships, personal appearance and personal experiences that discouraged you in the past, not to mention all the competition, demonstrate you have challenges.
This blog will help you find the resources and get the information you need to make lots of money as a singer.
We need to find solutions to Singer's problems.
I created this blog because I needed some answers to my Singing problems.
How do I find gigs? How do I market and target my gifts to make a living as a Singer?
If there are 250,000 music teaching openings in the US and only 25,000 singing jobs, there needs to a way we shy singers can learn how to market and package our own talents.
Really, our shyness and lack of confidence is holding us back.
We are similar, you and I. Singing is cool and singing is fun, but selling ourselves and our singing talents can be very hard and very frustrating, and usually it is ourselves who are standing in our own way!!
I hope together we can discover the solutions to our challenges as Singers.
I will give you all my experiences and share the successes I have in getting better and better at asking for the gig.
I want you to let me know what you do to overcome your singing shyness and share your talents with the world too!
Let me show you a video of me singing and see that I have talent, but I am shy.
http://youtu.be/e0qX5f-0474
I am passionate about singing, but it is powerful to find networks for singers to help each other to market ourselves.


                                                             Singer Amy Zents

Next time, I will write to you all the crazy gigs I have done over the years just to sing!

Keep Singing!
Amy Zents

P.S. “And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”   Nelson Mandela 

Online Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment